Ordinary e-Passport Application
An ordinary e-passport is issued to any Rwandan who fulfills the necessary requirements to facilitate his/her travels outside the country.
For further details on the e-passport, please refer to Press Release issued by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.
All applications are to be submitted through IREMBO.
*It is no longer necessary to register at ‘Rwandans Living Abroad’ for an account if you do not have an existing account with IREMBO.
- Apply at IREMBO’s ‘E-Passport’ and make payment online.
- The applicant will then be notified to be present at the nearest diplomatic mission (for the Rwandan Diaspora) to give their biometric details (10 fingerprints and a digital photo).
- The applicant will then be issued with the e-passport at the conclusion of the processing time and notified of the collection.
Note: Applicants below 16 years old are not required to give their biometric details.
First-time applications will take four (4) working days and renewal applications will take two (2) working days.
- Rwandan identity card
- Payment of the required application fees
- For applicants below 16 years old, kindly refer here.
Adult passport with 5 years validity – 75,000 FRW
Adult passport with 10 years validity – 100,000 FRW
Child passport (with 2 or 5 years validity) – 25,000 FRW