Ordinary e-Passport Application
An ordinary e-passport is issued to any Rwandan who fulfills the necessary requirements to facilitate his/her travels outside the country.
For further details on the e-passport, please refer to Press Release issued by the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration.
All applications are to be submitted through IREMBO.
- Register at IREMBO and make payment online.
- The applicant will then be notified through SMS to be present at the office of the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration (or the nearest diplomatic mission for the Rwandan Diaspora) to give their biometric details (10 fingerprints and a digital photo).
- The applicant will then be issued with the e-passport at the conclusion of the processing time and notified of collection.
Note: Applicants below 16 years old are not required to give their biometric details.
First-time applications will take four (4) working days and renewal applications will take two (2) working days.
- Rwandan identity card
- Payment of the required application fees
- For applicants below 16 years old, kindly refer here.
Adult passport with 5 years validity – 75,000 FRW
Adult passport with 10 years validity – 100,000 FRW
Child passport (with 2 or 5 years validity) – 25,000 FRW