There are two ways to obtain a visa:
- An online application (processing requires 3 working days), or
- Submission in person to the High Commission of the Republic of Rwanda in Singapore (processing requires 4-5 working days)
Online application (process takes 3 working days)
- Photocopy of passport valid for at least six months.
- An invitation letter with a copy of passport/ID and residence permit (if your host is not Rwandan) AND/OR confirmation of hotel accommodation booking.
* Note: All enquiries about online visa applications should be directed to the Directorate General of Immigration & Emigration in Kigali-Rwanda at www.migration.gov.rw
Types of VISA
- SINGLE ENTRY VISA
(i) A foreigner who wants to visit Rwanda for any purpose other than work.
(ii) A person from any country who wants to enter Rwanda to seek a visa appropriate to the purpose of their stay; the purpose being anything other than visit, holiday, sightseeing or recreation.
Application for the appropriate visa is to be made at Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration offices in Rwanda.
- TRANSIT VISA
A person transiting Rwanda for a period not exceeding 72 hours.
Applicants are required to have a confirmed onward booking from Rwanda to a third country or other acceptable plans to depart Rwanda within 72 hours of arrival.
Applicants must have a correct documentation for entry to that third country.
- EAST AFRICAN TOURIST VISA
A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism.
The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying another visa fee.
The holder shall also be allowed to move out of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda; and return without having to pay for another visa. This will only be applicable in the period of 90 days.
Foreigners who reside in Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda do not pay for this visa.
- CONFERENCE VISA
A person wishing to attend or speak at a conference, meeting, workshop or seminar
Applicants may apply to the Directorate General of Immigration and Emigration for another class of visa/permit while they are in Rwanda and while their current visa remains valid.
SUBMISSION IN PERSON
Submission to the High Commission of the Republic of Rwanda in Singapore (process takes 4-5 working days)
- Passport valid for at least six months.
- Completed Visa Application Form.
- One (1) passport-sized photograph with white background and both ears in view.
- Signed accompanying letter addressed to Director General of Immigration and Emigration explaining the purpose for travelling to Rwanda and the duration of travel.
- An invitation letter with a copy of passport/ID and residence permit (if your host is not Rwandan) and/or confirmation of hotel accommodation booking.
- Proof of payment into High Commission Bank Account (see details below)
A/C Name : HIGH COMMISSION OF THE REPUBLIC OF RWANDA
A/C Number : 074-901631-0
Swift Code : DBSSSGSG
In view of bilateral agreements, nationals of the following Countries may visit Rwanda without a visa for a period up to 90 days: Hong Kong, Philippines, Mauritius, Singapore and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom, and United States of America will be issued with entry visa valid for a period up to 30 days and pay for a visa (US$30) upon arrival without prior application.
A vaccination certificate may be required at the border post.
In the event of a major disease outbreak, specific requirements could be set and put to the knowledge of the public.
Please click here for Ebola-outbreak information.